About the City of Douglas
Douglas is a city in Cochise County, Arizona, United States. Douglas has a border crossing with Mexico and a history of mining. The population was 14,312 at the 2000 census. According to 2008 Census Bureau estimates, the population of the city is 20,316. The Douglas area was first settled by the Spanish in the 18th century. Presidio de San Bernardino was established in 1776 and abandoned in 1780. It was located a few miles east of present day Douglas. The United States Army established Camp San Bernardino in the latter half of the 19th century near the presidio and in 1910 Camp Douglas was built next to the town.